04 Sunday Dec 2016
Barack Obama, Christ, Christianity, Conservatism, Constitutional Republic, Democratic Party (United States), Everlasting, Experience, Fellowship of the Minds, Freedom, Genealogy, God, I Have A Dream, Jesus Christ, Lessons, Let Freedom Ring, Liberty, Life, Posterity, Self-Preservation, Teaching, United States, Wisdom
This is Chiraq (a euphemism for Chicago) over Thanksgiving weekend:
68 shot, 8 fatally, in weekend violence.
Total stats for November:
Shot and killed 76; Shot and wounded 324; Total shot 400; Total killed 81.
Year to date:
Shot and killed 663; Shot and wounded 3440; Total shot 4103; Total homicides 739.
One really finds it hard to grasp why residents aren’t taking pitchforks to mayor Rahm Emanuel’s office, but yet again, one must wonder whether they’ve all become boiling frogs. The other troublesome worry is why Obama has completely refused to do anything about the rising murder rate in his home city. After all, most of these killings are in his old “Community Organizer” side of town; to which his former Chief of Staff is now presiding over as erstwhile “Mayor”. Surely something is greatly remiss here?
Take this reportage for instance, from MyFoxChicago: According to Chicago Police, at least 68 people have been shot, 8 fatally, in attacks across the city over Thanksgiving weekend.
Let’s take a blow-by-blow accounting, shall we?
1) The weekend’s latest homicide happened at 2:38 a.m. Sunday in the Homan Square neighborhood on the West Side. Two men were seated in a parked vehicle in the 3400 block of West Harrison when a silver car stopped in front of them and two males wearing hooded sweatshirts exited the car and opened fire. One man, 30, suffered gunshot wounds to the head and body and was pronounced dead at the scene. The Cook County medical examiner’s office did not immediately provide information on the fatality. The other man, 31, was shot in the right arm and taken to Mount Sinai Hospital, where his condition was stabilized.
2) A 56-year-old man was gunned down at 3:38 p.m. Saturday in the South Side Woodlawn neighborhood. Witnesses told police they saw two men get into a fight and then heard a gunshot in the 6600 block of South Kenwood. The man was shot in the head and pronounced dead at the scene at 3:47 p.m. His name has not been released.
3) About 2:15 a.m. Saturday two gunmen opened fire outside a house party in the South Chicago neighborhood’s 8800 block of South Exchange. A 20-year-old man shot in the chest was pronounced dead at the scene. The medical examiner’s office has not released his name. Another 20-year-old man shot in the groin was taken in critical condition to Northwestern Memorial Hospital, along with a 21-year-old man who was stabilized with an arm wound. Additionally, a 25-year-old woman was taken to Stroger Hospital with a graze wound to the head, a 22-year-old man shot in the hand went to Trinity Hospital, and a 23-year-old man shot in the arm went to the University of Chicago Medical Center. Their conditions were all stabilized.
4) Friday evening, a 16-year-old boy was slain in the Back of the Yards neighborhood on the South Side. Diego Alvarado heard gunfire and realized he’d been shot in the back, groin and arm about 6:40 p.m. near his home in the 4800 block of South Throop. He died at Stroger at 7:32 p.m.
5) Five hours earlier, two people robbed 24-year-old Thomas Smith and then shot him in the abdomen shortly before 2 p.m. in the 7300 block of South Lowe in the South Side Englewood neighborhood. Smith, of the 9600 block of South Dobson, died at Stroger at 4:30 p.m.
6) Shortly before 12:30 a.m. Friday, officers on patrol near Harrison and Central Park Avenue in Homan Square heard gunfire and saw 37-year-old Cleotha Mitchell fatally shoot 35-year-old Jeffery Banks. The officers “engaged the offender” and shot him, according to police, who said Mitchell had shot a second person in the arm. That person’s condition was stabilized at a hospital, while Mitchell and Banks were pronounced dead at the scene at 12:44 a.m.
The Independent Police Review Authority is investigating the officers’ use of force in that shooting, as well as that of a CPD sergeant who fatally shot 19-year-old Kajuan Raye in the back a night earlier. The sergeant said he saw Raye point a gun at him twice during a West Englewood foot chase. As of Friday night, investigators had not found the weapon the sergeant claimed he saw. Raye’s family was planning to file a federal lawsuit.
7) The weekend’s latest non-fatal shooting happened at 6:06 a.m. in the River North neighborhood. A 32-year-old (according to the police, a convicted felon) was shot in the abdomen in the 600 block of North Clark and was taken in serious condition to Northwestern Memorial Hospital. Additional details were not immediately available.
8) About an hour earlier, a 21-year-old man was shot in the Logan Square neighborhood on the Northwest Side. He was involved in an argument with a group of people at 5:08 a.m. in the 2700 block of North Ridgeway when someone in the group pulled out a gun and fired shots, striking the man in the right leg. He took himself to Community First Medical Center and will be transferred in good condition to Illinois Masonic Medical Center. A police source said the man is a documented gang member and convicted felon.
9) At least 36 more people were wounded in other attacks between 7 p.m. Wednesday and 3:30 a.m. Sunday.
For years now, sociologists, criminologists, and local activists have been vexed by Chicago’s grisly crime statistics. Everything from a pernicious revolving cycle of incarceration and joblessness, to the inner city’s fractured networks of rival gangs, to a lack of trust between police officers and community members has played a role in fueling the violence. In reality, reducing Chicago’s high murder rate will require much more than loosening its gun laws, which are already more lax than commonly perceived.
The really terrible thing is the cops probably know most of the “bad actors” and could round them all up, bust them on weapons charges if nothing else, and put them away, but the Lib/Progs won’t let them. And the Courts won’t convict them. So the blood bath and carnage continues.
Welcome to the “windy city” of Chicago (Chiraq) the town that Billy Sunday apparently couldn’t shut down…